SEARCH W7R

Saturday, November 26, 2011

3x3x3 LED Cube First!

I plan to create an 8x8x8 LED grid (512 LED's) sometime in the next four months. Looking at the DIY (Do It Youself) projects that could prepare me for the construction of the 8x8x8 LED cube I found 4x4x4 LED cube and 3x3x3 LED cube. The 3x3x3 is absolutely the most ideal project in preparation for the 8x8x8.

This is the best DIY for the 3x3x3 LED cube:
 3x3x3 LED cube DIY (my personal recommendation)

It requires only 27 LED's to build which means that you do not need hundreds of LED's to create a small version of the 8x8x8 one (512 LED's). The process of creating an 8x8x8 LED cube or even a 4x4x4 LED cube is much more involved than the 3x3x3.

*You will need a soldering iron, solder and wires as well, but I'm assuming you may already have them.
Material List (very minimal):
  -Arduino Uno  <-- ($20)  reusable

  -27 LEDs (and some extras)   <--  ($1-$5) TRY EBAY

  - 1kΩ (BROWN BLACK RED) Ohm resisters   <-- ($1-$5) TRY EBAY

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yo im digging this blog these days. u remember that 3D dot game josh and I were trying to build a while back? josh got some kind of device for it, and he's still working on it back home. anyways, put up a video if you get the thing to work, I'd love to see it.

Cheers,
Julian